Saturday, February 11, 2012

Book Challenge (week 3)

Previously on...

Bright and Distant Shores: A Novel
Week 2:
"Prediction: knowing nothing about it, I'll probably love it. Or I'll get halfway through, something tragic will happen and I'll completely hate it. Could go either way so..."


Yeah...I didn't like it.

I tried. Really. But after 4 chapters and 2 days, I just could not get into this story. It just didn't capture my interest at all. It was boring to me. Very. Boring.

So instead of forcing my way through and because this challenge was self-imposed thus I and I alone make the rules...I decided to switch books and read this one instead.

Christy Series #1: The Bridge To Cutter Gap

Oh so much better. So. Much.

I actually borrowed this book from a friend a few months ago and just never got around to reading it. I loved the book, almost as much as I loved the TV show and subsequent movie series.

So all in all, a good reading week and I still stuck to my book-a-week after all.


For week 4:

Pride and Prescience: Or, A Truth Universally Acknowledged
Pride and Prescience (Or, A Truth Universally Acknowledged), a Mr. and Mrs. Darcy Mystery, embroils the joyous newlyweds Elizabeth and Fitzwilliam Darcy in a mystery involving one of their wedding guests.
The lovely Caroline Bingley is engaged to marry a rich and charismatic American. Unfortunately, this windswept courtship is marred by many strange events-- nocturnal wanderings, spooked horses, carriage accidents, and even an apparent suicide attempt. Soon the whole Bingley family seems the target of a mysterious plot, with only the Darcys recognizing the danger.
Sinister forces are afoot and the Darcys must get to the bottom of the plot before the blushing bride descends into madness--or worse.
I don't like all of the Pride and Prejudice "re-makes" or "re-tellings", they seem to be published fanfiction and that's just wrong on many levels but the plot of this one sounded interesting so I'm thinking I will like this one.

Prediction: it will seem a bit like the "Thin Man" and therefore be an awesome read. One can hope.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment