Tuesday, January 9, 2018

2017/2018

2017 was...a really rough year.
Emotionally it was so taxing. Job/money stress and worry over the political state of my country contributed to the most drained I've ever felt.

The good things that happened though:
My nephews 1st birthday and seeing him grow.
Finally starting a new job after 7 years of dashed hopes after every interview.
My dad retired in the spring so for the first time in a decade, I got to see my parents more than once a year.
Finding an awesome group of knitters to hang with who don't make me feel stupid for not knowing as much as them or treat me like a youngster who's invading their space and therefore not welcome.
Building a new lightsaber and Jedi costume for DCC.
All the good books I read.
All the good movies I saw, like Wonder Woman and The Last Jedi.
And all the fun times just hanging with friends.

Here's hoping 2018 will be better.
I'm gonna read more books, see more movies, have more time for friends, try out new recipes, craft more, and enjoy more weekends outdoors.

And just maybe, update this blog more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment